Unique hair colors are not going anywhere! This Spring we are seeing the “Hollywood Opal” look trending in a big way. This is the perfect color for those of you who already have a double process and want to switch it up for Spring.
Wella Hair describes Opalescent hair as color that has “a metallic milky sheen with warm and/or cool light reflections.” Just take a look at the #OpalHair on Instagram to get some inspiration, and tell me you wouldn’t like to rock the opal hair color. If you are like me and would consider this trendy hair color but not sure what to expect when it comes to the maintenance – don’t worry I talked to an expert at Changes Salon & Day Spa in Downtown Walnut Creek to get all the details.
5 Things I learned From Change Salon & Day Spa’s Executive Hair Stylist, Lindsey:
1. Opal hair is not permanent, and will fade out between 5-10 washes, depending on color. This is great for those looking to test out a new hair trend without the commitment.
2. To help your Opal color last longer use cool water and sulfate free shampoos. Lindsey recommends Kevin Murphy’s Hydrate Me Wash & Rinse (Local Tip: When you purchase your products at Changes Salon you earn VIP points towards future purchases or services). The cool water will help to lock your hair cuticle down and stop color from fading.
3. When it comes to hot tools with that beautiful opal hair – turn the heat down! We know that you want to show off that opalescent hair but make sure to use heat protection with hot tools and a lower temperature setting.
4. Protect your color by using products that contain a UV protectant to stop sun fading. Elle Magazine recently featured Kevin Murphy’s Un.Tangled a detangling spray that protects your locks from sun damage.
5. So you’re in love with the opal look and want it to last? Get it refreshed before it fades completely, it will help the color last longer.
If you decide that you want to give the opal hair trend a go this Spring, book a complimentary consultation with a stylist at Changes Salon & Day Spa in Downtown Walnut Creek. When you are getting a unique color like this you want to treat your hair to the best of the best to avoid damage while achieving stunning results!